NEW! Fabulous secrets to getting rich quick in WoW!
Make more money than you spend.
Ways to make money:
- Quest, grind, kill things, take their stuff and sell it. (pre outlands I made ~1g/day. In outlands ~50-100g/day)
- Sell things on AH that other people want
What do other people want:
- Fabulous BoE weapons/armor that you picked up while killing things. Know your market. Price your goods correctly.
- To a limited extent they want armor/weapons you can craft. The problem is there are a thousand other people who can craft those armors/weapons.. and they can undercut you. Also each toon who can use your crafted armor/weapon only needs it at most once. So armors/weapons are a very limited market.
- Crafting mats. Almost everyone in the world is skilling up some kind of craft. Sadly, in a lot of cases, the crafting mats sell for more than the item they craft. Skinning, Mining and Herbalism are all examples of money on the ground.
- Potions/Elixirs/Oils. Everyone in the world needs pots.. and only some of them are alchemists. Health and mana pots should sell at a steady rate.. they won’t sell for much over the cost of mats though. They’re very easy to make..and there are thousands of alchemists out there. The rest of the post/elixirs would seem to have a variable market. Most people who don’t have an alchemist don’t know about the pots beyond health/mana (another thing I blame on AH’s poor search). Look for pots used in other professions (Shadow oil used by leatherworking, etc).
- Things you can make with your profession that they need for their profession. Arcanite bars, Arcanite rods, Enchanted leather, Shadow oil.
Things that should sell better and don’t:
– Food. Cooked food I’ve found sells very poorly on AH. I blame this on the fact that AH has a very poor ability to search for food. I think if the search was better then food (especially buff food) would sell better.
Things that sell well and boggle me:
- Vanity pets. Seriously.. 20 minutes of hanging around Stormwind will get you a white kitten for 56 silver.. which sells for 2-3g on AH.
- Easy to acquire recipes. There’s a cooking recipe you can get in a starting zone (level 5-15) for 50s that sells for 2-3 g consistently. I sell 4-5 of them a week.
Personally.. I make most of my money from selling enchanting mats. Green craftables are usually put up on the AH for less gold than the value of the mats they disenchant into. Auctioneer+Enchantrix FTW!