Last night Lilac was part of a level-appropriate guildie run through Slave Pens. We were Corddon (63 Protection Paladin), Khoss (62 Healing Shaman), Sae (62 Hunter), Booie (62 Fury Warrior), and Lilac (62 Affliction Warlock). We did fairly well. We had our fair share of wipes but it went well. As part of the run I got to try my hand at crowd control through Seduction.
It went ok.. but it looks like I need to think about it a little more and work out some decent macros.
What I want to have happen:
- Tank pulls.
- I pull my seduction target away of the tank (esp if it’s a pally tank) and make it hate Lilac. (Searing Pain)
- I put curse of Shadows onto my seduction target so that there’s less likely-hood of Seduction breaking earlier (and it’s easier to apply).
- Cast Seduction and seduce the mob. Lilac relocates herself to the other side of the room.
- Seduction ends.. mob runs over to Lilac.
- Re-cast Seduction. Lilac relocates to the -other- side of the room.
Ping pong back and forth with the mob chasing Lilac and then getting seduced before it actually has a chance to hit her too hard.
My first attempt at a marco: (this is untested.. I’m just brainstorming here)
/cast [target=focus] Seduction
The first time I hit this macro, if I have no focus (or my focus doesn’t exist, is dead), set my target to be my focus. Then cast Seduction on my focus.
So target my CC mob. Tank pulls.. Cast Searing Pain (1.5 sec cast) followed immediately by Curse of Shadow (instant with global cooldown) on my target.
Hit the macro to cast Seduction (1.5 sec cast) about 1 second after the Searing Pain Cast starts.
Hopefully both Searing Pain and Curse of Shadows will hit the mob before the succubus finishes casting Seduction.
BTW: I think the icon for “Seduction” is crappy. It needs to be a broken heart.