My computer is still down. Hopefully it’ll come home today. On Monday night I cleared out space and installed WoW on our laptop. I can’t understand how people can actually play on a laptop as their main computer. More than that.. because of limited resources I’m playing without any addons. It’s just… HORRIBLE.
I tried to log onto one of my lowbies and do some questing on her. The theory there is since I’m not used to playing on her I won’t miss my “regular” setup as much. It might have worked if I’d had an actual mouse. Unfortunately the laptop has a touchpad.. and moving and targeting/attacking mobs is exceptionally painful. I gave up on it after about 40 minutes. Instead I logged Tatia on and went fishing. That was very easy to do with the laptop. Tatia went from 250 to 300 fishing. I also learned that listening to podcasts is a good way to not fall asleep while fishing.
After hitting 300 I decided I needed a break from fishing and logged onto Lilac to see if I could work on her “low-hanging fruit” list. I think I made good (considering the circumstances) progress.
Low-hanging fruit list:
Stock up on [Elixir of Major Shadow Power] Fiancee is Elixir spec and has the recipe. Had fiancee make me 20. Got 23 since he’s Elixir spec
- Stock up on stat food. [um yeah.. this would involve killing things.. that is -so- not happening on this laptop]
Get an off-hand item. (quest reward from Sethekk hall quest looks good). Fiancee got [Archmage Orb] of Shadow Wrath (+41 shadow damage) and gave it to me. Not bad.
- Do quest â€œThe Horrors of Pollutionâ€? @ Netherstorm to get trinket [item]Starkiller’s Bauble[/item]. Quest comes from item dropped off of Congealed Void Horror (54.6,44). May need 2 ppl. [um yeah.. this would involve killing things.. that is -so- not happening on this laptop]
- Do quest â€œThe Hound-Masterâ€? @ Bladeâ€™s Edge Mountain to get [item]Natasha’s Arcane Filament[/item] [um yeah.. this would involve killing things.. that is -so- not happening on this laptop]
- Get Spellstrike set crafted. [I've got the primal mights for one but I still need to get the Spellcloth together. This may take a while]
Gem Head piece I added the spirit shard Meta gem and a Veiled Noble Topaz.
Get shoulder enchant. I was able to get the Honored one and apply that.
- Enchant cloak Subtlety [I used up the last of my mats on Fiancee's enchants when he hit 70. I'll need to do this one later]
- *sigh* pvp WSG more for cuffs [hate pvp hate pvp hate pvp hate pvp hate pvp *sigh*]
Get 400 rings for Scryer rep. I was able to buy lots off the AH and get to Revered. So I could buy [item]Scryer’s Bloodgem[/item] I swapped it out for a “lower your threat” trinket
Run speed increase
+37 spell hit,
+17 spell damage
+41 shadow damage
+4 Resilience Rating.
+13 spell crit strike rating
I’m not sure if that’ll get me an add’l 100 DPS.. but it’s a good start.
Oh, also need to do.. I think I have an incorrect gem in my Gloves. I’ve got +hit rating instead of +spell hit rating (oops). I’ll need to regem that.