I went to Blizzcon. It was my first ever con. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Having been there once I have alot of observations.. and things I’ll change for next time (Yeah, if I have my way there will be a next time).
In no particular order:
– Wear comfortable shoes.
– Carry a bottle of water. Water is expensive at the con and LA water tastes nasty.
– Take a jacket. It’s amazingly cold at blizzcon. I was half tempted to take and post pictures of the AMD “Ruby” model. According to Ruby (who doesn’t wear a bra) it’s really -cold- at Blizzcon. Funny how that could be with hanging out in only a scrap of spandex.
– Con food sucks.. and you wait a really long time in line to get it. The best meal I had a Blizzcon was actually from “The Tangerine” the hotel restaurant at the Annabella, hotel down the street from the Convetion Center. Blue Cheese + carmelized onions on a steak sandwich is yummy.
– Though.. the con carmel apples were divine!
– When you’re at dinner.. and you see a rat.. and you’re -really- tired.. you tend to make alot of jokes about Micky having escaped from the park across the street (we were on the patio) instead of freaking out about seeing a rat.
– Annabella is an expensive hotel.. but totally worth it. I loved the hotel. I will definately stay there again.
– I had -SO- much fun being the roving reporter for Twisted Nether Blogcast. They had a round table and included my calls. Check it out for a great podcast and to hear me in various stages of exhausted.
- Next year I’ll be a “good social networker” and setup “meetup times” to get together with everyone who was there instead of just wandering around aimelessly