I think West Kingdom is facing a healing shortage. I’m not panicked about it.. I’m sure we’ll get through it.. but I’m concerned. Times are tough all over.
Our main Holy Priest pulled her main out of the guild to go raid with more hardcore guild.
Our only Resto Shaman has instead leveled a Warrior tank.
One of our priest is leveling a Boomkin. I don’t know if she plans to stay boomkin.
Another Holy Priest is leveling her warlock (which could partially be my fault).
On of our Resto Druids finally took this opportunity to go back to playing his Mage main.
Another Resto Druid is leveling a Death Knight.
A long while back I changed my Warlock to be my main and stopped focusing on my Holy Paladin. The Paladin is still there but I’m still feeling kind of kicked in the kidneys when I play her.. so she’s still stuck at 70.
Thank god for Persephany (Holy priest) and Leadpally(Holy Paladin). If it wasn’t for them we’d be totally healerless.
There’s a spot of brightness.
We have already announced or suggested all of these changes would be forthcoming in the next minor content patch. I thought I would list them all in one place for ease of use.
Divine Shield: Penalty changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% instead of a attack speed penalty.
1) Divine Protection no longer causes an attack penalty. Divine Shield’s penalty was changed to 50% less damage done by the paladin.
2) Sacred Duty: This Protection talent no longer affects the attack penalty of Divine Shield and Divine Protection, but grants additional bonus Stamina.
3) Avenging Wrath, Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Hand of Protection have a shared, 30-second cooldown. The Forbearance effect is no longer triggered by Avenging Wrath.
4) Judgement of Wisdom now returns a percentage of base mana instead of a percentage of max mana.
5) All mana drain effects now return a percentage of max enemy mana (making mana drains less punishing to paladins and other characters without large mana pools.)
6) Judgements of the Pure: This Holy talent now increases the damage done by Seals and Judgements.
7) All paladins receive a single-target taunt (name TBD) as a base ability.
Oddly enough.. he had to post this to all three of the role forums (Damage Dealing, Healing and Tanking) instead of posting it once to the “Paladin” forum. Horray for “progress”.
This brings us the promised shared internal 30 second cooldown for wings, and bubbles. It’s awkward that the Hand of Protection will also be on that same cooldown. This will make it awkward to bubble others.
This also brings us the promise scaling for mana drain effects. This will effect Hunters and Warlocks. I wonder if it will actually be worthwhile to cast Drain Mana now.
I really want to see how much additional damage seals and judgements will do with the new Judgements of the Pure. Pre-3.0.2 Tatia was gettin ~330dps. Post-wrath, pre-nerf Tatia was seeing 558 dps. Post-Wrath, post-nerf Tatia is seeing ~400dps.
In all, I continue to reserve judgement about my Paladin.. and have thus far enjoyed my Warlock.