All I can say is.. thank God it’s over. Only two more holidays left.
– I did it. I got the title and the tick in the meta achievement.
– Horray for two additional pets (I think I now have 60).
– To all of you who want to “keep” your orphan, do the Argent Tournament and give your orpan a backpack and a flag and adopt him as a squire.
– If your toon is male, then as you fly over the lady Vyrkul area in Storm peaks.. the game reports that you “lost the title Patron so-and-so and gained the title Matron so-and-so”, and then “lost the title Matron so-and-so and gained the title Patron so-and-so.” That at least is full of win.
– It is -slightly- wrong that the orphan is taller than my gnome. Something wrong there.
– Aside from one icecream cone, there were no “positive” achievements with your orphan. I hearthed.. and left her all alone in the world.. then I ate sweets in front of her.. I dragged her through battlegrounds and I killed a man in front of her. Not exactly positive interactions.
– I hate PVP. I have never been so angry as I was during/after the PVP for the achievement. I didn’t “learn that I really like PVP” or “come to appreciate that aspect of the game”. I felt hate… and in fact I’m starting to get a bit angry now just thinking about it. I finally got the achievement.. and I didn’t feel a glow of satisfaction. I sat there and stared at the screen for a while trying to think of something to do in the game that would “fix” my angry bitter hateful mood. I couldn’t think of anything. I instead went grocery shopping (nerd rage translates directly into road rage and “at the grocery store rage”.. don’t shop angry. It’s not pretty).
Special message to all you “real PVPers”: FUCK YOU ALL! Srsly, if I’d gotten the achievement in the first battle ground I wouldn’t have spent all weekend “fucking up your battleground”. When you QQ about that I have no sympathy. When you go out of your way to prevent me from getting the achievement I just keep coming back. I would have happily capped a flag and then run off for you to recap it. But no.. you had to make it difficult. You know what? I hate you more. DIAF.