– Turn on your in-game sound. He has two skills that you can time based on the audio “Winds of the North” and “AUGHGHGGHHH”.
– When he says “Winds of the north”. You look around and find the large runes. Move towards them but not on them until after the ice falls from the ceiling.
– After the Flash Freeze is done, free the NPCs (start with the gnome) and any raid members who got trapped in the Flash Freeze.
– When he says “AUGHGHGGHHH” healers/tanks prepare for his “Frozen Blows” where he smashes the tank into little bitty pieces. I’ve heard of groups taking a special “frost resist tank” who taunts Hodir and takes only the Frozen Blow.. I’ve also heard that because of their magical resistance DKs tank this smash beautifully. At the moment we’re depending on Pally OH SHIT! buttons and Priest Wings.
– Stand near Toasty Fire and you don’t have to move to remove the debuffs. Stand at max range so that if you get targeted for icicle they don’t put out the fire.
– Stand in the beams of light and get zappied by lightening for a nice dps boost.
MegaSmack has a nice article with setup for Auras for the buff from Hodir’s fight. If you’re using the Fan Update that allows you to choose specs, be sure to put checks in both spec1, spec2 at the bottom to get these to show up.