– My rule of thumb for CotEl has always been “if 3+ people benefit from it in the raid and it wasn’t covered by other buffs”, then I’d cast it. Rarely do we have both happen so normally I’m casting CoA. I’ve always believed that CotEl was a DPS loss for me.. but a potential DPS gain for the raid. Kring, on a comment on the last post, said that if the other buffs aren’t present (Earth&Moon or Ebon Plaguebringer) then CotEl is a buff to -my- personal DPS over CoA. This is news to me. Must investigate. If that -is- the case then I need to setup a couple of new PowerAuras to make sure I have it up when it’s needed. Does CoD ever factor in (aside from casting it on Razorscale as she flies up)?
– Need to re-calculate my pawn scales based on 3.3 algorithms and Glyph of Quick Decay.
– I -think- Felpuppy is the best pet.. but is he better than Doomguard? Should I use Doug when not on cooldown or stick with Fzygwhateverhisnameis? Is it worthwhile to throw down Infernal for last 30% of the fight and replace the felpuppy.. or should I only summon infernal if the felpuppy dies?
– With Shadow bolt refreshing Corruption.. should I be waiting until Haunt is nearly ended before re-casting it? I think so as that means I will have less casts/fight and free up a GCD for other spells.
– When RL calls out for everyone to “burn cooldowns” WTH am I supposed to do? Usually I just sit up straighter and think mean thoughts. Srsly.. I guess I could pop a Haste Pot.. but should I stack that with anything else? Both trinkets and my back enchant are proc based, not trigger based.. so I’m at a loss.
– if I’m going to be casting CotEl then it seems silly to keep that point in Amplify Curse to lower the GCD on a curse I cast every 5 minutes. Then again.. it sounds like I may be bouncing between CotEl and CoA depending on raid composition.
– I have the gear to drop points out of suppression.. should I? is there a better place to put them? I could drop suppression and fill up Improved DS and Improved LT and Fel Concentration.. but I don’t see anywhere else reasonable at the top of the tree to put points.
– I’m tempted by CoEx/Improved Howl of Terror for the Faction Champions fight.. but not -that- tempted.
Nib’s current spec: 56/00/15
Nib’s Major Glyphs:
Life Tap, Haunt, Quick Decay
Nib’s Spell Priority:
Initial Cast: If on CotEl duty cast CotEl first. Follow up with Shadow Bolt and Haunt to stack your Shadow Embrace buff. Then Corruption, (CoA, if no CotEl), Unstable Affliction, then Shadow Bolt until Haunt is off cooldown. At this point, all DoTs and debuffs are up…refresh via the following priority list:
2. Haunt (re-cast just before it expires)
3. Lifetap (to keep lifetap buff up or for mana)(be sparing)
3. Corruption (if it drops for whatever reason)
4. Unstable Affliction (re-cast just before it expires)
6. If nothing else, Shadowbolt
During the last 25% of the boss:
Change #6 to Drain Soul. Note that the channeling of Drain Soul should interrupted to refresh any of the above.
Determining CotEl duty: use CotEl only if you’re in a group where 3 or more casters will benefit from the +13% spell damage and the group does not have a boomkin to provide “Earth and Moon” or an Unholy Deathknights to provide “Ebon Plagebringer” otherwise use CoA.