1. DPSing in a raid after being on vacation is kind of surreal. My fingers remember what to do much better than my head. Add to that, it’s all so very very pretty. I’m still a little distracted by how pretty the game is.
2. A guildie refers to Emblems of Triumph as “Emblems of Guild Appreciation” because after you pug for long enough.. you really come to appreciate your guildies.
3. I am immensely saddened that there isn’t a vote-to-kick in pug raids. If anything Pugs make me appreciate my guild even more. Last night I pugged into Noth for the weekly raid. 10-man. I was on my pally healer. The group had a mage and a boomkin. When the curses showed up I typed in /ra “Oh, please cleanse the curse” BOOM curse explodes everyone in the raid drops to ~1/3 health. I healed through it. Second curse showed up. I typed in /ra “Please cleanse the curse” BOOM curse explodes, everyone in the raid drops to ~1/3 health. I healed through it. Third curse showed up. I typed in /ra “FFS AND ALL THAT IS HOLY CLEANSE THE FKING CURSE YOU MOOKS” BOOM curse exploded. Noth dies. It’s not that I didn’t think we could win if mage-boy and crit-chicken didn’t cleanse the curse.. it’s the fact that by hitting cleanse twice they would have saved me from having to individually heal 10 fking people. Because mage-boy and crit-chicken were so hyper focused on winning the DPS meter I had to work harder. So congratulations.. they won the DPS meter ON NOTH THE UTTERLY IRRELEVANT PLAGUEBRINGER. /golfclap FUCKING MOOKS.
4. The rest of the guild leadership is talking about instituting some kind of DKP system in the guild. I’m not convinced the benefits out weigh the hassle/QQing to come. Anyone know of good resources about different types of DPK and want to point them out to me?
5. In ICC our weekly random quest was to kill the Rotting Frost Giant. We picked up the quest and then almost immediately the tank pulled the Giant. As he was pulling he said “you all go stand over there, we’ll go over here.. dps him down.. gogogo”. It worked for about 30 seconds.. then we all go breathed on, blown up in the air and I got the disease.
Slow motion thoughts: Hey, I have a skull over my head. I wonder what that means. Oh, look, I have the plague(or something). What does it say.. Reading: blah blah 8000 blah If the Plague does not find a new host, it KILLS you.
WHOA!! Need to infect someone FAST. BAM. Lilac dies.
So we wiped the first time. When we ran back in we got a much better explanation. While we were getting the explanation one of the raiders asked:
Raider 1: How do we give the disease to someone?
Raider 2:/target /lick
Think about that. How awesome would it be to have a game mechanic where you have to find someone and /lick them. I’m howling with laugher just thinking about it.
On the second try we killed him. Horray for free badges.