Whelp, I’m still here.
“Mists of Pandara” is on sale for $30. It seemed silly to try out the game for 10 days without the expansion.. so I plunked down my money and expanded. My warlock is now 87.5 and wandering around the Valley of the Four Winds.
– Tweaking my UI makes me happy. I don’t think it’ll ever be perfect. It’s like a mini-game where I make up the rules and decide when I’ve won. Anyway, UI Tweaking is going well. I’ve only had one quest so far where my UI interfered with a quest(A Lesson in Bravery, the “Escape Claws” button never showed up on my UI. It looks like I need to enable “extra action button bar” through bartender.)
– Lili, the child, is precocious almost to the point of annoyance. It’s a good thing I can’t shoot her because there a couple of times I have reached for those buttons.
– Color me surprised. WoW now has farming.. and player housing.. sort of. A whole new category of ways to waste time. I like the way it hand-held me through how it’s done. I guess I’ll wait and see how I feel about it after a while. I hadn’t heard about that in anything I’d read (granted I hadn’t read much).. so I’m still trying to puzzle out the point where it becomes fun. I get that it’s an easier way to get mats needed for cooking.. I’m just not sure if it’s fun or yet-another-grind.
– Second thought on player housing.. I read up on it and it seems you can decorate your house… which seems like an odd choice.. considering you’re the only one who can ever visit your house. Just.. odd.
– Last night the game hand-held me through my first Pandaran instance. At least I think that’s what was happening. Lili, Chen and Mudmug took me through Stormstout Brewery… I think we only hit the boss fights. I’ll be interested to see if the 5-man version of the boss fights mimics the single-player version. Frankly I think this is a very interesting idea. Instead of starting off the instance with NO idea of how to do the boss fights I’ve now “seen” them once and have some vague clue about what I’m supposed to be doing. Bravo Blizz.
– The cooldown on Soulswap is annoying.. but I’m not sure it’s as useful if it doesn’t leave the dots behind. Must consider.
– Thank you Poneria for the quick and dirty Pawn scale (posted in her article about Reforging by Hand). I wanted something to get me going without actually having to generate it myself and you saved me a lot of effort.
– Quests only seem to give a single reward. It just occurred to me that I haven’t had to sort through the different armor types to figure out which cloth piece is for me or different weapons to figure out what I can wield. Interesting. It certainly makes it easier.
– Wands are annoying. I think I’ve got some UI thingy twiddled that makes it so if I right-click a mob my wand automatically starts shooting it. Annoying. Need to find that to untwiddle it.. or stop using a wand.